Friday, April 11, 2014

Service... Covering the territory

Well we need to cover the territory for the memorial! Samana has a large territory and it consists of other small surrounding towns. Samana is know for its hills! 

So last Friday we went to a small town in the outskirts of samana . It's called Las Cruces. Since ASL here is a group we work with the Spanish congregation. So today we handed out invitations for the memorial in ASL and Spanish. Well let me tell you that Samana and areas surrounding it are full of hills! Seriously the preaching work is like hiking!!! Well going up is fun but my biggest worry is coming down! So many rocks and dirt. Honestly I almost fell like 12 times! Anyways going down I kind of slid and landed on a rock lol. I landed as though I was sitting on the rock. Well at the same time a little girl was coming up and starting giggling. So I asked her "hey come sit with me". She did and I pulled out the invitation and started explaining to her that if she was going down the hill and almost fell but her friend helped her what would she say? She said "I'd say thank you" then I said "exactly! We appreciate what others do for us, the same can be said about Jesus and his sacrifice. It's important for us to thank him and God and show our appreciation." This little girl is so smart and the conversation carried on for a good while. Just like we learn in the kingdom ministries take advantage of every opportunity to share the good news! 
Below are more pictures the hills...pretty much they make you exercise but trust me once your at the top meeting people and looking down and seeing the beautiful water it's WORTH IT! 
The view is amazing and to think people actually live there and see it everyday! 
Also you'll see in the pictures that the terrain consist of dirt, rocks, mud, small rivers, I mean different things. But none of that stops us from reaching these people and talking to them about Jehovah!
And even today after a long service morning, the group got together and ate some empanadas and then us girls headed the beach! So refreshing! 

Just to provide an update about blog and post. I most likely will be posting twice a week. Haven't decided on which days but keep checking for more! Anyone wanting to visit doesn't matter for how long COME! Dominican Republic is waiting for you! ❤️Patty
























No comments:

Post a Comment