Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Update on my side of the world

Hey guys! Sorry I've been in a transition of being in samana and then heading to the Capitol since my parents arrive today! They are going to be visiting for 10 Days! I told them "be ready y'all aren't coming as tourist, y'all are coming to live like the Dominicans!" Lol look forward to the visit. 
Recently in samana we had some friends visit. Therefore after enjoying service time we have been able to do horse back riding, get together and talk, and of course head to the beach. It's been real fun. We have had groups together and it's a melting pot! Some are from the states, canada, Denmark, Sweden, and other places. Beautiful to see how the organization can get together. 
  
We went to Las Terrenas beach!


In the Capitol:

I took a guagua (local DR taxi) to go to the grocery store, at a later stop this women got on the guagua. At first I thought she was holding her purse near her chest, but then once she sat down she revealed her precious little butterfly. Her little baby girl. Even the taxi driver and I were shocked to see the baby, it was simply unexpected. I told her "was she born prematurely?" The woman said "yes, she only weighed 2 pounds" I then said "but she is strong!" The woman smiled. It was such a sweet moment. My niece was born premature and it was difficult for the entire family, but this baby lives in a third world country...and she is keeping up. Lol. Just made me think how wonderful Jehovah created us, he gave us a body that can be strong and overcome the things that we must face today. My heart goes out to all those moms and the babies that struggle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment